Raisin Choc Crunchies
"Just in case you want something other than an ANZAC biscuit make these– who doesn’t love chocolate and raisins in a cookie? If dried fruit is not popular in your family – remove them from this line-up and increase the chocolate chips to ½ cup."
Makes 44 cookies and Takes 30 mins
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup chopped raisins
¼ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180degC.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat egg well and add to the creamed mixture a little at a time. Sift the flour and baking powder and mix in.
4. Add the raisons and chocolate chips. Mix to a firm dough.
5. Roll mixture into small balls. Place on greased trays, a little apart to allow room for spreading. Press lightly with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cook’s tip – if you find the fork sticks to the dough and is hard to use – just coat the fork in a little flour to make it easier to use. Also biscuits are best to be placed on wire racks after baking to cool.