"This is the simplest dish – essentially softly cooked tomatoes, cheese and toast – but add fresh herbs, cook it gently, sort out all your serving ramekins and search out great bread and you look like you should have your own café! Serves 6 Takes 20 mins"
36 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
150g Gruyere cheese, sliced
6 ciabatta rolls, cut in half and toasted or 12 slices of ciabatta loaf toasted
1. Melt butter in a saucepan, add tomatoes, thyme and season with fresh cracked pepper.
2. Cook on low heat for 3-5 mins, tomatoes should be still firm.
3. Place into 6 ramekins.
4. Place Gruyere slices into 6 side dishes.
5. Cut toasted ciabatta and divide into 6 for each serving.
6. Serve medley as individual servings and immediately serve while tomatoes are hot.