Baked Seafood Rice
"You can use frozen marinara mix for this dish – just defrost in fridge and drain well or we used fresh seafood marinara mix at the supermarket 250g for $3.50. Serves 4 takes 40 mins"
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 finely chopped onion
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup Arborio rice
375 ml fish stock or water
400 g can chopped tomatoes
185 g can Tuna in spring water, drained
250g seafood marinara mix
2 cups baby spinach
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp fresh basil
Fresh lemon for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 160degC. Heat a three litre (twelve cup) capacity ovenproof dish (with a lid) over a medium heat.
2. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and sea salt and stir for five minutes on a low heat, or until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the lemon zest.
3. Add the rice to the dish and stir for another minute.
4. Add the stock or water and the chopped tomatoes and bring to simmering point.
5 . Stir in the tuna and marinara and season with black pepper.
6. Cover the dish and bake the risotto for 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked
7. Scatter baby spinach and parsley/basil over the top, gently blend the spinach through the mix sprinkle with parsley. Cover again and leave for a minute so the spinach wilts slightly, and serve in the dish.
Cook’s tip : a squeeze of lemon over the dish is perfect just before serving.